It’s taking a little longer than I expected to finish my daybed, but I haven’t given up! We’re making progress, and just have another day’s worth of work before it’s done.
Yesterday, I primed the frame. After the primer was dry, Aubrey and I used a scrap piece of MDF to make the braces for the back.
Once we screwed them into the backrest, it was time to screw the braces into the back of the arms (which is actually the front of the arms, but I turned it around).
The next step was to add the slat supports for the mattress. Because there isn’t anything to keep them from slipping off the front, I just put a nail in the back and one in the front.
I only managed to finish the first set of slats before I was just too hot and tired. This is what the daybed looks like at the moment:
Not too bad, considering this is what I started with: And this is where I’m headed:
Even Ron is totally impressed that I’m pulling this off. He thought I was crazy when I said I was going to turn the Lillberg into a daybed. Now I’m just a couple coats of paint and a few nails away from finishing my knock-off designer daybed.
Here’s what this end of the room will eventually look like:
The wall color is “Peppery” from Sherwin Williams. The curtains are from the kids’ section at Target. The duvet set is “Mariette” by Anthropologie. I got it on eBay a year ago, for when we staged our house to sell. Ron said it was eye shredding, so I stopped using it, and it has sat in the closet, which is such a shame. I love it, and I’m excited to have a place to use it, finally. I have the shams and the euro shams, so that will be enough to go across the back of the daybed.
So that’s where “Project Lillberg Hack” is currently. I’ll post pics when it’s completely done 🙂
“Feels like home to me, feels like home to me, it feels like I’m all the way back where I belong.”