Every morning, I start off my day by checking my email, facebook, and blog stats. This morning, I noticed that I only had one personal referrer so far, and it was from a blog I had not yet read about, called Inspired Every Moment. I always like to check out those who check me out, so I clicked on the blog link, and once there, I was shocked, amazed, excited, and honored to find that the author, Katherine, had nominated me for/awarded me the:
For the many, many, many of us who’ve no idea what the Liebster Blog award is, it’s a really nice way for someone to say, “Hey, I really like your blog. I notice you have less than 200 followers, but I think you deserve a whole lot more. Let’s see if we can fix that, shall we?”
Inspired Every Moment is a self-help blog, with fantastic and practical tips on how to improve one’s self-esteem and live a happier life. I wish I could squish her into my pocket and take her with me wherever I go. Actually, thanks to my new tablet, I can do just that!
Of course, there are rules to be followed upon the acceptance of such a gracious award. First, one must thank the nominating blogger. Thank you, Katherine! Your nomination came just when I needed a little external validation. I’m sure you’d say I shouldn’t need such a thing, but I am still very new to having people read what I write and like it, so it always comes as a happy surprise.
Secondly, one must nominate five other blogs with less than 200 followers (not everyone has their stats in their sidebar, so sometimes you just have to guess) that one feels deserve more attention. With that in mind, I hereby pass the Liebster Blog Award torch to:
1. Just Me A heartwrenching blog about one woman’s personal experience with domestic violence.
2. The Girl With The Ripped Jeans A brand new blog by a teen girl who hopes to be sort of an advice column for other teens, or parents who are wondering what their teen is up to. While she only has two posts so far, I’m nominating her because I believe that teenagers are just as wise as us adults, just in a different way, and I think she has a lot to offer.
3. De vez en cuando yo tambien (or “Once in a while, so do I”) Written by a man who goes by R, this is a soul-wide-open kind of blog that grabbed me with its honesty. It’s funny how I found him; we both commented on a post on Blog of A Starting College Student at the same time, so he ended up right below me. Ever the curious one, I clicked and that was that. To be completely honest, I like this blog partly because some of it is in English, and some in Spanish. Since I am trying to increase my Spanish vocabulary beyond “Muy bien, y tu?” it’s an incredibly pleasant way of doing so. Plus in my head, I imagine he’s really hot.
4. Because I Said New Girl offers up this blog that is creative, hilarious, and made me choke on a bite of tamale from reading while eating. Fair warning…only read when you don’t have something that could be forced from a bodily orifice in said orifice at the same time.
5. Stronger Than The Sky Another brand new blog, also by a young adult. While their blog currently is cloaked in gender secrecy, and there are only two posts as of yet, their writing is exquisite, and I cannot wait for more.
And in the spirit of the Liebster Blog Award, I came across Molecular Love (and other facts of life) while trying to figure out from whom the Liebster Blog Award originated (answer: no one really knows). Since she’s already won, I can’t really nominate her, but she definitely deserves mention!
Last, but not least, one must spread knowledge about the Liebster Blog Award, which I’m pretty sure this entire posts fulfills that requirement.
Once again, thank you a million times over, Katherine, for thinking so highly of my writing. Here’s to hoping that Inspired Every Moment will soon not qualify for the Liebster Blog Award. C’mon 200!
“So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways, all my underdogs. We will never be, never be anything but loud and nitty gritty, dirty little freaks.”